Chewy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup apple sauce
3/4 c peanut butter, chunky is best.
1 T vanilla
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup unbleached flour
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter and vanilla together. Add the brown sugar. Add soda and salt to the flour and Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed ingredients.
Drop tablespoon-sized dough balls onto cookie sheet and press down in classic fork pattern.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how you like them. I under-bake for moist goodness for several days.
Try adding chocolate chips to half of the batch
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe from Sparkpeople.com submitted by SparkPeople user MUDDYMUDSLINGER.
Gluten Free Almond Orange Snowballs
Yield: 15 snowballs
Prep Time: 20 min + chill time
Cook Time: 10 min
1 cup almond flour/meal (ground almonds)
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg white, beaten
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl, mix almond flour, sugar, egg white, orange zest and extract. Stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Spoon out even tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet- you should be able to make 15 little balls of dough. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the balls of dough are firm and are golden underneath. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes, then give them a roll in powdered sugar.
*Try subbing lemon zest and lemon extract to create Lemon- Almond Snowballs instead.
Recipe from recipegirl.com
Chili Cherry Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2-1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup raw almond slivers
1-1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt).
3. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (agave nectar, oil, maple syrup, almond extract, and vanilla extract).
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and almond slivers, then fold in cherries.
5. Place about 2-1/2 tablespoons of batter at a time onto the tray, leaving two inches of room between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until baked, but still moist. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool a bit before removing from parchment paper.
Source of recipe: This was modified from dgibbons recipe for Gunpowder Cookies by VegWeb.com