Chili Cherry Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2-1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup raw almond slivers
1-1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt).
3. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (agave nectar, oil, maple syrup, almond extract, and vanilla extract).
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and almond slivers, then fold in cherries.
5. Place about 2-1/2 tablespoons of batter at a time onto the tray, leaving two inches of room between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until baked, but still moist. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool a bit before removing from parchment paper.
Source of recipe: This was modified from dgibbons recipe for Gunpowder Cookies by VegWeb.com